Sports apparel. New or evolving trends in 2022:
1. Me Wear: Major sports tradeshow ISPO points out, “customers increasingly expect companies to offer products and services that are individually tailored to them.”
2. Blurred lines: Gen Z consumers are taking their online aesthetic offline. Experienced global garment production partner, LTP, notes: “The digital and physical continue to blur as consumers desire apparel that provides a much-needed escape from reality.”
3. Aesthetic simplicity: LTP again, “pared-down luxury continues to gain traction. It’s all about making better with less. Simplicity is key.”
4. Being mindful: Mindfulness continues to boom. ISPO comments, “mindful sports such as stand-up paddling or surfing will increase in importance.”
5. Safety in numbers: Consumers will further adopt “cutting-edge technology and next-gen innovation,” say LTP – heightening their gym experience by knowing their personal stats.
6. Always on: Trend researcher and generational futurist Tristan Horx anticipates sports connectivity through “tracking, gamification or by creating communities" will continue to evolve and grow.
Extract from Human Capital – Drayton’s business magazine
Previous Articles1st March 2023
Private equity trillion dollar1st March 2023 2nd February 2023
WELCOME TO THE EVERYWHERE MALL31st January 2023