- Understand the global outdoor consumer requirements in key markets through consumer research, market trips, customer pre-lines and on-site interaction with professionals.
- Plan the seasonal outdoor range based on consumer needs as well as sales and margin targets set by the Category Managing Director – manage all aspects of the line plan and planning tools for your category.
- Seasonal presentations with major commercial and strategic accounts for the categories to gain on hand commercial input into the line planning process.
- Manage the pricing process, set targets for cost pricing, work with developers on technical negotiation and assist in final price negotiation. Lead retail pricing discussions based on market knowledge.
- Planning of Category and product GTM launches (sales meetings, sales support, marketing tools).
- Being able to balance brand and commercial needs.
- In-depth technical product experience and understanding of the value chain.
- Effective presentation and communication ability.
- High level of numeracy.
- Effective people management and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment with distributed geography.
- Language skills – must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Commercial skills to build a range that generates profit.
- Strong apparel “touch”.