- Location: North of England
- Salary: Comprehensive benefits package
Our client is an ambitious, manufacturing business, going through an exciting period of change with plans for organic and acquisitive growth. Working alongside the CEO, the CFO will not only be an exceptional accountant and financial leader but will also be commercially agile with a depth of experience in managing external investor relationships and institutions. They will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and will support the commercial and operational functions as they look to further eliminate unnecessary cost and drive profitability.
- Manage all external financial relationships and reporting requirements for a listed business.
- Provide strong financial leadership and identify requirements to build a highly capable financial function able to support a business through a period of significant long-term growth.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Work with senior leadership to support in the development of robust plans that deliver bottom line return.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Build a best-in-class finance function that is fit for purpose today but also in the future.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Highly experienced CFO/FD with experience of listed businesses and a track record of successful growth.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. Inherently, an individual who moves with great pace and sets the standard for others to follow.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.