Our client is a rapidly growing premium branded food producer that has immensely exciting plans for the future. This will involve an aggressive international expansion plan.
Central to achieving these plans, is securing a new Chairman to lead the board. This will bring credibility at a strategic level but also directly support the conversion of tactical commercial opportunities. Individuals must have extensive international experience, with a track record of delivering exponential growth. It is imperative that they offer expertise in premium or luxury brands.
- Package: An opportunity to take a credible equity stake within this rapidly growing premium business.
- Location: London
- A unique opportunity to lead the board of a high growth, premium food and drink business. The role carries the responsibility for providing challenge to the leadership team, whilst also improving their sophistication towards strategic planning and investment.
- As leader of the Board, attend all formal meetings and ad-hoc requirements as required.
- Becoming the formal representative of the investor stakeholders at the Board meetings, ensuring that their investment is secure and being leveraged appropriately.
- As part of the overall Board, play a key role in ensuring the management of the business is conducted in such a way to meet all legal, moral and ethical codes of conduct.
- Take an active role in developing the investment plan, supporting the CEO through a key external funding exercise.
- Be able to leverage the individual’s personal network to the net advantage of the business, including with key customers, markets and relevant agencies.
- Be prepared to be a visible ambassador and representative within and without the business, including with such parties as future investors, debt-providers and strategically important customers and suppliers.
- Creating a sense of pace and urgency at Board level but also proactively encourage, wherever feasible, this behaviour across the wider business.
Candidates will need to offer:
- Proven leadership experience from the premium branded world. A category such as alcoholic drinks, particularly spirits, is very appealing.
- Highly credible understanding of the growth opportunities and challenges for premium food businesses.
- A successful track record in encouraging a step-change in business performance, both as an executive leader but also at non-executive level. It would be ideal if the individual had experienced this within a P/E, or leveraged buy-out environment.
- A demonstrable, highly credible personal knowledge of the UK and international environment.