A business-critical and wide-reaching Board role in a profitable, medium sized UK Consumer business. Full Commercial accountability across Sales, Marketing and Innovation.
Salary: Excellent, including very attractive LTIP
Identifying and implementing the optimum structure for the Commercial team, one that will ensure the delivery of its strategic plan.
- Refining and owning the strategic Marketing and Innovation plan.
- Ultimate ownership of the development of the business’s Sales, Marketing and Innovation people. Developing and supporting exceptional people to deliver their agreed objectives and enabling them to achieve their full potential.
- Providing outstanding leadership for the Commercial function, both internally and externally. Be a highly visible ambassador within and without the business for the Commercial operation.
- Creating a sense of pace and urgency within the Sales, Marketing, Planning and Innovation teams, but also proactively encourage this behaviour across the wider business.
- As a key member of the Executive team, directly contributing to the implementation of the business’s wider strategic goals, achievement of the 3 year business plan and the delivery of EBITDA goals within it.
- Keeping up to date with the very latest Consumer trends in the UK and global markets, with a specific focus on those that could offer new routes to sales and margin growth for the business.
- Energising and motivating ‘agency’ partners to provide the business with exceptional, cost-effective support.
- Proactively developing relationships with other stakeholders within the wider community, including the private equity investor, banks, suppliers and colleagues.
- Actively and visibly supporting company efficiency and cost reduction projects.
Candidates will need to offer:
- Proven Business, Marketing and Sales leadership experience from within a Consumer sector manufacturing context. It is possible that the individual may have spent part of their career in an adjacent sector, such as Retailing.
- Highly credible understanding of the growth prospects for Consumer businesses outside of the core multiples channel and demonstrate their ability to efficiently convert these opportunities.
- A successful track record in bringing a step-change in Sales and Marketing capability to a business. It would be ideal if the individual had delivered this within a P/E type environment.
- Deep brand and own-label experience from within a complex, fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A demonstrable, highly credible personal knowledge of the UK multiples channel, including a current network with the senior leaders from those businesses.
- Ideally, the person will have experience of building a sustainable international commercial proposition.