Our client is a Private Equity backed business who are looking to recruit a COO to drive all operational aspects of the business during a significant growth phase. The business is well established but requires a leader capable of identifying and implementing a future vision and strategy that will deliver long-term operational improvement.
- Salary: Strong base salary, LTIP/equity opportunity.
- Location: Northern England
The COO will report to the CEO and be instrumental in delivering robust operational performance improvement in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environment. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To be an active leader within the senior team, contributing to the direction and performance of the business.
- To ensure the Operations team has measurable objectives, regular reviews of performance and the opportunities to develop skills, leading to a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- To drive the CI agenda within Operations and continue to drive cost out of the business.
- To deliver sustainable and appropriate operating and quality standards so that the business and consumers are protected and delighted at all times, whilst meeting the customer’s requirements as defined in their technical codes of practice.
- To champion Health, Safety & general well-being for all of employees. Creating a safe environment which is comfortable for the team to work in, ensuring that safety regulations are followed and that their people are engaged with the challenge of keeping themselves and their colleagues safe.
- To lead and effectively deploy a Capital Expenditure program with a specific focus on ensuring the manufacturing footprint has the capability to deliver future growth and NPD.
- Responsible for leading the organisation to consistently hit customer service targets.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced operations director or general manager. They will have gained experience within well established, well-regarded businesses and be able to translate this experience in to a smaller business with a highly dynamic environment. They will enjoy the demands of leading an operational plant with the strategic requirement to contribute at the board table. A high level of pragmatism, self-awareness and adaptability will be essential, along with a strong desire to succeed. In return, the business offers strong financial reward opportunities with outstanding LTIP arrangements.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.