This is a business that is winning in market, delivering double digit growth. It is part of a medium sized, ambitious UK Group. Within its specialist market the business is a dominant player, and plays an important part in the wider organisation. Its customers are recognisable UK food manufacturers and QSR chains that value their expertise and product expertise. They are seen as a true partner to their customers, with whom they enjoy long term commitments.
Ambitious individuals would be pleased to lead such a high performing, successful and motivated leadership team.
- Location: North West
- Salary: Good
The role - key purpose
The General Manager will report to the Executive Director, who leads this group of companies. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop the business vision, strategy, and plan to drive the necessary growth and P&L improvements.
- Manage all aspects of the operational performance of the business, ensuring the factory can grow with the demands of the customer base and can deliver at the forefront of food innovation.
- Lead the growth of the business via a robust and meaningful commercial strategy.
- Ensure strong financial controls and planning processes are in place.
- Motivate and develop a capable and engaged team to deliver the current and future needs of the business.
- Agreeing the vision and enacting the strategic plan to achieve rapid and sustainable profitable growth.
- Ensuring that the business culture, with people and product as its cornerstone, remains embedded within its DNA even as the business evolves.
- Ensure the business is capable of delivering the very highest quality standards, continues to innovate way ahead of its competitors, and is seen as the clear aspirational choice of customers.
- Being a highly visible figurehead for the business, both internally but equally across the wider Group.
The individual - ideal candidate
The new General Manager will ultimately have a strong impact on the business. This individual will play an integral part as it continues its growth trajectory. The individual will need to be, or offer:
- An experienced GM or Operations Director from a food manufacturing business, ideally with exposure to the business to business arena. Past experience of supplying the QSR arena would be particularly attractive.
- Outstanding emotional intelligence, minimal ego and a grounded personality. High energy and be comfortable operating as the clear figurehead for the business.
- Comfortable in a customer-centric, entrepreneurial business and be able to form an open partnership with a successful management team.
- Deep exposure in a high-quality manufacturing environment and therefore experienced in defining operational strategy.
- Sharp intellect and well developed analytical and critical reasoning skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- A passion for food and food innovation.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
- Ideally located in the North West of England.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.