The Finance Director will be responsible for building a best-in-class finance function and will bring industry-leading, brand and consumer centricity to the business. The Finance Director will act as a catalyst for change, identifying business improvement opportunities and driving them through successfully. They will partner with the the CEO and founder, the wider board, and the investors to transact the long term growth ambitions of the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Lead and develop a high performing and fit-for-purpose finance function for now and the longer term.
- Provide Finance and Accounting leadership to the Board in order to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Deliver commercial support, challenge and advice to the business on a broad range of finance, commercial and operational issues.
- Ensure appropriate structures are in place to service the business' needs, maintain tight controls to minimise risk, drive continuous improvements, best practices, efficiencies and team career development.
- Take ultimate responsibility for cash management, and treasury activities and policies.
- Own the financial planning process including preparation and delivery of forecasts, budgets and strategic plans.
- Oversee the production of management accounts and insight, statutory accounting and ad hoc reporting.
- Support ongoing operations as well as investment/growth projects, ensuring opportunities are maximised while safeguarding existing assets.
- Design and champion the KPIs that provide early notification of performance trends and illuminates potential commercial opportunities.
- Provide financial expertise on new business initiatives, including investment appraisal.
- Manage external relationships with capital providers and oversee corporate financing: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and equity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting.
- At least 5 years in a consumer-centric business (eg FMCG, Luxury, Food & Beverage).
- Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- 7+ years' of post-qualified accounting experience.
- Technical grounding and small team experience (at least 3 years in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary: Competitive Base Salary, Equity Package, Short term bonus, Pension.