The Finance Director reports to the CEO, playing a critical role in the stewardship, growth and profitability of this private equity backed, complex manufacturing business during a period of challenging, but progressive change.
The individual will relish the opportunity to undertake a highly visible role, driving process efficiency, supporting commercial growth and identifying opportunities for cost reduction. The role will be pivotal to the financial success of the organisation and the person must therefore lead and develop financial strategies whilst creating a robust framework of governance.
Key focus areas::
- Support and contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of the Business Vision, Objectives and Strategies.
- Leadership of the Finance function, ensuring the team has the capability, confidence and necessary engagement required during this critical change period.
- Ensure that all functional directors have a thorough understanding of the financial dynamics of the business and are supported by transparent and timely reporting.
- Partner with the CEO, and other Board members as appropriate, providing insight, challenge and tactical support.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including the Chairman, investors and the banks, ensuring that they have the appropriate level of information and insight to engender confidence in the stewardship of the business and robustness of the strategic plan.
The Ideal Person:
- The individual will be a proven finance leader with at least 5 years’ senior management, executive-level experience. They will need to be highly motivated, posess natural self-confidence and strong self-awareness.
- Deep exposure gained within a manufacturing environment is essential - therefore, comfortable supporting and contributing to the development of the manufacturing strategy.
- Sharp intellect and well developed analytical and critical reasoning skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent. Fully Qualified FCMA.
- Experience of modern, integrated Financial and Business systems.
- Located at a commutable distance from Leeds.
If you have the skills and experience and you are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.