- Location: North of England
- Salary: Comprehensive benefits package
This business is a beacon for innovation and growth within the categories it operates and is consistently delivering outstanding commercial performance. It has a hugely exciting plan to double the value of the brand. The cultural change journey is equally exciting. The FD will of course play a pivotal role in the further development of this high quality finance function but of equal importance is the leadership they will provide as a business board member.
- Provide support and partnering to the Managing Director on a day-to-day basis, taking the lead in all aspects of financial management as a member of the Board.
- Manage the annual budget and 3-year planning processes, as well as preparing and maintaining regular financial planning reports for the business.
- Oversee the costing process to ensure that new products / promotions are costed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a growth strategy for the business. By providing data and insight to facilitate ‘smarter’ decision-making and actively influencing net revenue management.
- Active in offering support and contribution to the Commercial function as the business continues to become more complex with increased likelihood of net margin leak.
- Work with the organisation’s manufacturing and supply team to effectively manage conversion costs (DCV) and Procurement.
- An expert in developing and maintenance of the necessary financial control procedures to ensure regulatory and statutory compliance.
- Assist the business to ensure good audit outcomes.
- Identify and mitigate key financial risks. Including managing the company’s cash position including trading terms, aged debt and working capital to ensure that cash targets are achieved locally and within Group Targets.
- Enhance and implement fit for purpose financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Evaluate potential capital expenditures for feasibility and ROI.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the other key stakeholders
- Support, develop and manage the finance team, helping to create future leaders.
- Being able to work at pace, bringing greater energy and agility to the business, a fast moving brand in high growth.
- Ideally a proven track record of working in a branded business, whilst evidencing the breadth of experience that might come from an own label manufacturer.
- Being able to actively contribute to the strategic planning process of the total business.
- Demonstrate the emotional intelligence to develop strong relationships with the leadership team.
- A strategic thinker who is able to ‘rise above’ the day-to-day operations and actively contribute to the organisation’s direction.
- Adept at flexing their approach, shifting from providing hands-on advice through to developing strategic plans, as they are regarded as more than a functional expert to the peers.
- Able to quickly win the respect with an approachable demeanour combined with clear direction. Becoming a close partner to the business, particularly commercial and manufacturing.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.