Our client is a complex, high volume, well-invested manufacturing business and part of a global Group. Within its specialist market the business is a dominate player, and a plays critical part within the wider organisation. Its customers are immediately recognisable brands that value their expertise and proprietary technology and products. They are seen as a true partner to their customers, with whom they enjoy long term commitments.
Our client continues to grow and has recently won significant new business, both within the UK and beyond. Ambitious individuals would be able to identify excellent career prospects in this Group, in the UK and across in to their many international operations.
- Location: Southampton
- Salary: Excellent
The role - key purpose
- To direct, oversee and manage all of the financial activities, to include the preparation of current financial reports and forecasts for future business growth.
- Reporting to and acting as a Business partner to the General Manager, but also working within the Group financial framework, to play a critical role as a member of the management team in developing the profitability of the company and developing the future strategies of the business and value creation.
- Development and provision of effective strategic, financial and resource planning as the business continues to expand its market share in the UK.
- To ensure the business meets its business, Group and legal fiduciary duties with the Law and within the guidelines of the Group.
- To manage the finance function in order to facilitate change, improvement and financial awareness throughout the entire organisation.
- To manage the IT function ensuring they are business connected and fully value adding.
The individual - ideal candidate
- Experience of already working at FD level would be ideal, likely to be in a medium sized enterprise. Our client would also welcome applications from ambitious and hungry individuals stepping up in to their first FD role from a current 'no2' position.
- Senior level experience of corporate governance.
- Senior level experience of effectively managing financial operations and effectively managing and developing a sizeable finance function.
- A good understanding and experience of manufacturing and business processes gained from a customer orientated manufacturing company.
- Experience of ensuring appropriate and robust control procedures are in place for the business and rigorously maintained.
- Evidence of having worked as a business partner to the GM, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Leading significant change management in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering savings and business improvement through the IT and procurement functions.
- Experience of FX transactions.
- Relevant university degree as a minimum.
- Chartered accountant qualifications.
- Excellent IT and spreadsheet skills.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.