Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer. The business is going through a period of strong growth and they're currently seeking to recruit a highly talented General Manager for one of their manufacturing sites.
- Location: Nottingham
- Salary: Excellent Package
The newly appointed GM will first and foremost bring focused leadership to the site.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role is a key member of the leadership team and, as well as direct operational responsibilities, they will also lead the cross-functional site leadership team, ensuring alignment of objectives to achieve outstanding quality, team engagement and a culture of continuous improvement to establish the site as a world class operation.
They will be a first-class communicator and ensure that people at all levels of the business understand the strategic vision and direction as well as the day-to-day tactical challenges.
The new General Manager will assertively and proactively drive forward the many quality initiatives but also take ownership for driving out unnecessary cost.
They will also proactively develop current and future investment opportunities that ensure the business continues to enjoy clear blue water between the products they produce and those of the competition.
- A senior level Operations background and a proven track record in delivering long-term change within a fast-paced, dynamic, FMCG environment.
- The intellectual gravitas to analyse a broad range of complex problems and distil these down to a clear and structured strategy and plan.
- Strong people management, able to drive change
- A positive and engaging style, able to build rapport with all levels of the organisation and engender a positive and collaborative way of working.