Our client is an entrepreneurial, innovative FMCG business and a leader in the UK marketplace. With global appeal and aspirational brand recognition, the company sits in a growing category. They have appointed a dynamic CEO with a leading track record of founding/developing, scaling, and exiting exciting concepts within sector. The business is now looking for a dynamic CFO who can partner with the CEO and Chair to help them build the organisation. To support the business growth, it is highly likely there will be further fundraising in the next 12 months, with an exit planned for four years from now.
Our client is looking for a dynamic Finance Director (FD) to help rapidly scale the business both in the UK and internationally. It’s important they support the organisation’s professional development to help accommodate such growth.
- Location – Hampshire
- Salary – Excellent
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- The FD will lead the financial management of the business and will be an active and key member of the leadership team. They will inspire confidence in the business’ stakeholders and peers and will help in further driving a positive culture in the organisation.
- The successful candidate will need be comfortable thinking fast and getting their hands dirty in the day-to-day whilst always bringing strategic oversight. The business will benefit from their solid understanding of accounting principles and keen attention to detail.
- They will be professionally qualified and have an exceptional grasp of practical accounting principles; it is likely they will have been ‘brought-up’ within a ‘blue-chip’ organisation.
- They will be responsible not only for the financial operations of the business but also IT, Legal and Supply Chain.
- The business has huge levels of ambition so it is likely that external investment will play a role in the future to help deliver this.
- To this end, this role requires an individual who understands how to work with investors and can balance the pressures of external investment with the need to always make consumer and brand centric decisions which are right over the medium to long-term.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in FMCG is absolutely essential.
- This person will be a professionally certified accountant.
- This person will have needed to have operated as the number one within the finance function.
- The candidate will have managed multiple functions – it is highly desirable that they have previously managed supply chain operations.
- Ideally, they will have previously managed a company's sale process and at the very least led a fundraising process.
- They will be able to commute to the organisation's Hampshire site, although there is a good amount of flexibility with London being a likely alternative location.
If you would like to learn more about the opportunity, please apply with your most recent resume.