Drayton Partners are delighted to be the retained partner for an award winning global drinks manufacturer on the appointment of new Head of Export. The opportunity will appeal to any international sales candidates looking for greater strategic responsibilities and deeper commercial learning opportunities.
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent Drinks businesses, owner of an impressive portfolio of branded products and private label production facilities. The company is recognised as a thought leader within the drink’s category in terms of quality, innovation and sustainability.
They are currently recruiting for a Head of Export to join their senior leadership team in the UK and drive the businesses international growth.
Location: Home based Remuneration:
- Base salary
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Pension, Healthcover
- 25 days holiday
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Head of Export Sales is responsible for developing and executing the export strategy for the business.
The Head of Export Sales acts as an entrepreneur, ensuring delivery of agreed annual targets across a disparate group of export markets and routes to market. To do this effectively, they must be committed to develop strong virtual and cross functional teams both in the UK and other sister companies.
Strategically, they will develop branded and private label business for our client within target export markets, which includes the management and development of key brands and private label. To execute this they will need to manage the day to day relationship with key Third Parties, Distributors, Agents and Brokers representing the team in the target export markets.
We are seeking an individual with excellent Export sales experience, someone who is already an established leader. The individual needs to thrive as a figurehead and bring challenge, rigour and pace to the sales team. The right character will be able to quickly win the respect of the wider team with their energy, knowledge and ambition.
- FMCG sales and marketing experience, ideally 8-10 years. Less is possible for the candidate with the right mix of intelligence and commercial acumen.
- Industry experience from within the food/beverage categories.
- Relevant channel experience is preferred.
- Business development; proven ability to growing brands/and or private label business.
- Third party sales (e.g. Broker, Agent etc) FMCG management.
- Industry Experience Preferred
- Experience of working with or managing Third Parties or Distributors in an export environment.
- Experience of the UK and/or International soft drinks categories.
- Understanding of category management principles.
- Knowledge and experience of NPD process from inception to launch.