Our client manufactures extremely high quality products in a high growth, deeply ethical category. The business is enjoying strong, sustained business performance. If it is to continue to thrive they need to recruit great people who can contribute to their ambitious aims. It is a truly global company exporting 80% of their production to 45 countries around the world; though they believe they're just getting started. They also believe they can offer you a job you won't find anywhere else.
- Location - South East
- Salary - Attractive base plus package
- The Head of Human Resources has ultimate responsibility for all people-based activity within the organisation from both an operational and strategic perspective.
- The Head of HR is involved in resource planning and recruitment; training; managing a variety of HR issues at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues.
- The Head of HR works closely and in support of the Executive Directors and other department heads as well as being the principal contact with our union Unite. As head of Education Support this role will lead on the development and implementation of the strategy and programmes in education to increase participation, interest and engagement in Engineering and Design to make sure the business is promoted as an excellent provider of Educational Support and Resources.
- You will help to ensure that our staff thrive, enjoy their work, appreciate and value the contribution they are making to our company and support our continued growth.
- Lead Human Resources practices, bring best practice into our organisation and set objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment of staff that share our values and ambition.
- To develop and deliver people management strategies which support the Board's overall strategic aims and objectives. Expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer-focused HR service.
- Provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the company's desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice.
- Act as the face of HR both internally and externally.
- Develop and implement HR strategy in line with the business plan than is flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
- Work closely with Senior Management Team providing expert guidance on a variety of HR matters including recruitment, discipline, redundancy, maternity, paternity, sickness etc.
- Appoint appropriate HR advisors and oversee HR support across our global operations currently USA, The Netherlands, China and Hong Kong.
- Develop a positive training culture with a companywide plan linked in to the annual review with a strong focus on company exchange programmes.
- Principal liaison for all discussions with the EEF and Unite the Union.
- Implement a fully in-house recruitment structure incorporating psychometric testing, social media promotion and interview process.
- New staff 'Big Welcome' & induction to be carried out by all staff, to cover all areas of the business to ensure a full understanding of what we do and stand for.
- Ensure effective, SMART and engaging annual reviews are carried out by all managers with their staff each year.
- Manage our company wide Apprenticeship development, including the useful investment of our apprenticeship levee.
- Ensure best practice adherence to relevant employment law in the UK and globally.
- Deal with performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way.
- Lead on and develop an employee communication strategy, to ensure all of our staff feel part of the company and affect its future.
- To work closely with Schools to ensure improved knowledge of Engineering and Design programme, including initiatives such as 'Inspiring the Future'.
- To manage and review the education content of the website and ensure clear and concise communication to all stakeholders.
- Budget management for staff welfare, recruitment and training whilst striving for efficiency gains.
- Striving for Investors in People Gold Standard.
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
Key experience needed
- Extensive experience at senior HR level Qualified CIPD member.
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels.
- Strong background in change management.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice.
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures.
- Experience at managing in-house recruitment.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills.
- Ability to prepare and present reports to Board level.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Ability to create HR communications appropriate to the audience.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.