A dynamic UK food business is seeking a proven, high-quality HR leader to lead the people function and make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the organisation. Portfolio of much-loved branded and own-label products, supplying the leading multiple retailer and food manufacturers. This is a business with a positive "can do" culture which, along with strongly-embedded key values, has formed the basis of its ongoing success.
- Location - Thames Valley
- Salary - Attractive base plus package
- Sector - Food Manufacturing
The Head of Human Resources will provide an efficient and effective HR service to internal and external customers, complying to employment legislation and internal procedures, managing this service for employees based at two sites.
- Partnering with the MD and senior management team to proactively promote and enhance the culture and working environment.
- Delivery of the People Strategy and ensure actions are executed in a timely manner.
- Managing the recruitment and retention strategy.
- Strengthening relationships between the HR team and line managers to deliver excellent customer service to all employees.
- Developing efficient systems and processes that supply HR information and support the management team.
- Continually develop and assess the L&D programme, ensuring its continued relevance.
- Ensuring that the HR team integrates effectively with the operations team on a day-to-day basis.
- Completing the monthly board report and attending & engaging in the weekly director meeting.
- An experienced HR professional, already operating at a Head of or Director-level within a manufacturing business with complexity.
- Likely from a food manufacturing background with a deep exposure to operational engagement.
- Possess an ability to engage at all levels of a business and effectively challenge behaviours.
- Significant experience of managing and shaping a HR team to optimise business performance.
- Able to display a level of adaptability and emotional intelligence that allows for strategic thought to be engaged with throughout the business.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
- Educated to degree-level and CIPD qualified.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.