Our client, one of the UK’s largest brewers and pub retailers, are looking to recruit an exceptional Head of Logistics. The role will involve leading, developing and motivating a team who are focused on the optimisation of the logistics services provided by their 3rd party partners. This will include managing significant commercial contracts, ensuring suppliers are fit for purpose in terms of cost, service & efficiency.
- Salary: c£85-100,000 + 20% Bonus
- Benefits: 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank/Public Holiday days. Life assurance and pension scheme, and other flexible benefits
- Location: Flexible. Field Based with Offices throughout the UK
Ideally you will have operational experience working for a market leading FMCG organisation that is recognised for best in class standards. We are looking for ambitious people who will bring a fresh perspective and the ability to implement their ideas through others. Reporting to the UK Board, this role presents an excellent development opportunity for someone looking to move into broader leadership roles.
The Head of Logistics success is measured by the ability to provide high quality services and achievement of key performance metrics, while actively contributing to operational targets as well as the daily business decisions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent – ideally in a business related or operational management related discipline – would be desirable
- Significant experience of business to business (B2B) client / supplier relationship management at a senior level in an operational management in a Logistics / Distribution environment.
- Will have managed significant Logistics Process improvement activities
- Will have experience of managing multimillion £ financial budgets
- Will have well-grounded people management experience of managing managers in an operational environment and of managing large operational teams
- Will be able to apply continuous improvement methodologies
- Will have led and coached teams in and operational / service environment.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss in more detail.