Our client is seeking a high-quality, proven Supply Chain leader. This individual will lead the supply function for the business but also make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the organisation. The Head of Supply, a successful member of the current team, was promoted into the Head of Manufacturing role around 12 months ago leaving the position vacant. The Ops Director has since been covering the role but in reality can no longer be involved to the degree the role requires and is now seeking a high capability individual who brings new thinking and process into the role.
The Head of Supply Chain should be a credible and powerful voice within the senior management team and demonstrate clear ability to manage change through strategic thought and direct action.
The Head of Supply role will be a highly responsible position reporting in to the Operations Director. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain within the business.
- S&OP Process
- RM Scheduling
- Warehousing & stock control
Key tasks include:
- Strong leadership of the function
- Identify and implement improvements to drive efficiency and performance
- Work cross functionally to deliver robust demand and supply planning for the organisation
- Portray and promote a positive image of the company and its values with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Be a key member of the site leadership team
- Working alongside the Head of Manufacturing the role is responsible for managing a fast moving and complex supply chain to ensure health & safety, customer service standards, product quality, staff development, training and welfare and financial KPI standards are met and exceeded
- An experienced Supply Chain professional already operating at a senior and responsible level in a manufacturing business with complexity.
- Likely to be specifically from a food manufacturing background, with deep exposure to managing warehouse, distribution and planning functions
- An ability to engage at all levels of a business and effectively challenge behaviours
- Able to display a level of adaptability that allows for strategic thought to be engaged with throughout the team
- Experience and comfort with being customer facing as required
- An interest in food and innovation
- Strong leadership, coaching and development skills
- Educated to higher level, ideally degree qualified
- Ideally located within daily commutable distance to Newbury
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.