Our client is an award-winning producer of specialist ingredients for the food industry. The company, led by an industry-focused team that has helped to sustain its strong reputation, continues to invest in modernisation and innovation in all areas of the business. Following a number of highly productive field visits to customers and distributors in overseas markets, the business is now seeking to recruit an International Sales Manager to help to further grow both the reach and reputation of the company and its exceptional products.
Location: United Kingdom
Salary: £50,000- 70,000 plus Bonus & Benefits
Reporting into the Sales Director, the role of the International Sales Manager is to combine new and existing business to achieve the annual international sales plan for the business. With full responsibility for export and overseas markets, the International Sales Manager will also develop and implement the international sales strategy, ensuring the future development and success of the business and its products in overseas markets.
The International Sales Manager will develop excellent customer relationships and manage regular in-market meetings, also being a key representative at trade organisations and trade exhibitions.
This is a location-free, field based role which comes with a competitive base salary and package, aimed at attracting an outstanding candidate, and commensurate with a role of this nature.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and achieving the annual international sales plan.
- Implementing and managing the product pricing policy.
- Developing the international sales strategy.
- Controlling sales and marketing expenditure budgets.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships, both internally and externally.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will be a passionate, energetic and astute International Sales Manager, playing an integral part of the continued success of the business. You must be able to offer the following:
- Strong oral and written competency/fluency in at least two languages.
- At least 3 years of experience in International Food Sales.
- Knowledge and experience in the technical and developmental elements of food manufacturing.
- Strong existing relationships with international food manufacturers and distributors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with customer contacts and with proven ability to build professional relationships.
- Commercial acuity and problem-solving approach, with the intellect to ensure that he or she can intelligently "sell" the technical and quality aspects of the proposition.
- A love of fast-paced, international environments.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.