We are seeking an Innovation Manager that would thrive on the opportunity to develop first to market, game changing products in the fast paced, high growth and on trend premium pet food market. We recognise that in order to successful secure the best person for this role we may have to look outside of the pet food industry for fresh thinking.
Location: Doncaster Salary: Excellent package
The demand for the highest quality ingredients and meals for our pets, particularly dogs, is something that our client is in prime position to capitalise on with their state of the art facilities. They have huge ambitions with their new product pipeline and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to truly innovate, not only within company, but also the wider pet food industry.
This is a vital and exciting role which will ensure they continue to fulfil their mission of providing health and happiness to pets and their owners, across the UK. This newly created opportunity will report into the Head of New Product Development.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Deliver amazing and innovative new products within your portfolio, on time, in quality and in budget, managing their critical development path with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Bring the latest food industry innovations to our existing portfolio and new products
- Manage trials, pre-production, launches and reviews
- Ensure recipes adhere to relevant legislation
- Manage and maintain our formulation tool and develop our nutrient standards.
- Plan, organise and perform research with our vet team to develop and substantiate our meals.
- Be aware of published nutrition research and apply these findings to our products.
- Maintain core range product superiority by proactively defining focus areas and leading the exploration of process and ingredients to create a step change in product performance.
- Visit the production sites regularly, participate in the product panels and form strong, trusting relationships with our manufacturing team.
- Maintain an up to date map of the complete meal competitor landscape, including product ranges, price points and messaging for strategising our pipeline
A bit about you.
- At least 4 years of experience in an applied nutrition and/or product development role
- Experience in using formulation or specification systems is advantageous
- Demonstrable ability to translate research into understandable and substantiated claims
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid excel skills and data analysis
- Strong organisation and planning skills
A bit about what’s on offer.
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, plus an extra day for every years service)
- £500 personal learning & development budget
- Co-working office space
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friday drinks & monthly team socials
- Lots of office dogs !