Leading the Board of an entrepreneurial food business during a period of progressive transformation.
Salary: Strong base and wider package
Our client has a wonderful heritage and an exciting future. The business manufactures and sells wonderful products in to a range of channels but with particular strength in the out-of-home arena. It is a regular winner of prestigious and recognisable awards for quality and taste.
The business is based out of a modern manufacturing site and employs over 200 people. It is very 'values-oriented', with a strong focus on product innovation, quality and growth. An outstanding Managing Director now needs to be secured to ensure the continued growth, one who offers a strong focus on operational performance and also customer.
Drayton Partners are working exclusively with our client to identify and secure an outstanding new leader for the business.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop the business vision, strategy, and plan to drive the necessary growth and P&L improvements.
- Manage all aspects of the operational performance of the business, ensuring the factory can grow with the demands of the customer base and can deliver at the forefront of food innovation.
- Lead the growth of the business via a robust and meaningful commercial strategy. Build strong relationships with existing key customers whilst supporting the commercial team in developing new business opportunities.
- Control and prepare the costs budgets and ensure strong financial control via the finance director.
- Build a highly capable team able to deliver the current and future needs of the business, recognising that talent needs to be developed and retained to ensure success.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a unified approach on matters such as financial governance, quality, safety and environment.
Personal attributes to include:
- An experienced MD or GM from a food manufacturing business, ideally with exposure to the out-of-home channel.
- Strong customer exposure and the ability to support in delivering the sales strategy.
- Good exposure to manufacturing environments and comfortable in defining the future manufacturing strategy.
- Sharp intellect and well developed analytical and critical reasoning skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- An inherent interest in food and innovation.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ideally located in the Midlands or South East.
If you have the skills and experience and you are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.