This business is a top 3 player within their category with a vision to be the UK leader. It is a branded food business with a global supply chain. Its brand is over 100 years old but the business is as excited by the future as they are proud of the heritage. They supply all of the major UK grocery retailers but also in to the discounters, wholesale and foodservice. Their small but rapidly growing international business is also impressing their P/E owners. The culture is assertive, straight-talking and action oriented.
- Location: North
- Salary: £200-240k base, including a unique wealth-creation opportunity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Group CEO you will enjoy full responsibility over the design and delivery of the UK growth strategy in a completely autonomous leadership position.
- Driving EBITDA delivery, centred on achieving incremental margin gain across their core market.
- Overseeing 3 manufacturing facilities, develop and lead a high quality leadership team to ensure business, commercial and operational targets are exceeded.
- Be the business figurehead across all customer channels, supporting the commercial director engage with customers in Grocery, Foodservice and Wholesale channels.
- Ensuring that the highly entrepreneurial business culture remains at its core even as the business grows and evolves.
- Ensure the business is capable of delivering the very highest quality standards, continues to innovate way ahead of its competitors, and is seen as the clear aspirational choice of customers.
- Being a highly visible figurehead for the business, both internally but equally within the corridors of the investor.
The individual - ideal candidate
- An experienced CEO or MD from a branded, Consumer-sector manufacturing business.
- Have the ambition to drive the growth of a business with considerable potential, in an attractive category, all within the context of private equity ownership.
- Experience of leading supply chain, technical and factory efficiency optimisation.
- Experience in adding value in what at times is a commodity based food business.
- Strategic understanding along the producer-to-consumer supply chain.
- Experience in supplying to the key UK food retailers, including discounters.
- Proven ability to lead a business through significant cultural change.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.