The business is a highly successful branded consumer goods manufacturing business who are looking to recruit a Managing Director. The company designs and manufactures high quality products at a number of sites around the UK and sells their products to a diverse range of customers including high street stores and other brand owners.
Salary: Six figure base salary
- Managing a complex network of stakeholders including internal department leaders, customers, and site manufacturing teams.
- Building close working relationships with customers, understanding their requirements, concerns and business aspirations to aid in the development of new business and protect existing relationships.
- Working with key stakeholders to identify acquisition targets, assisting in the completion of due-diligence and working to integrate any future businesses in to the organisation.
- Identifying future technological developments as well as working with equipment suppliers to lead in the development of assets that will deliver unique product propositions.
- Evaluating the existing manufacturing footprint to identify opportunities to drive out cost, improve efficiency, and eliminate waste.
- Managing all aspects of financial performance of the business and reporting key performance numbers.
- Building a strong team of highly competent professionals and understanding the wide variety of skills and competencies that are required to operate a product-led manufacturing company.
- Identifying future long-term opportunities for the business.
- Developing a robust succession plan to ensure key leadership and technical roles are identified and then managed.
- Proven senior leader who must offer both manufacturing and commercial exposure ideally with experience in supplying other 3rd party manufacturers.
- MD with strong ambition, with the capability to lead on a wide range of activities across a highly diverse stakeholder group.
- Ability to build a vision for the business, prioritise opportunities effectively, construct initiatives to deliver the vision and obtain buy-in from all stakeholders and colleagues.
- A high level of pragmatism and realism with strong interpersonal skills, able to lead a diversified team. Outstanding communicator with a proven ability to listen, probe and influence to unite and motivate behind collectively agreed objectives.
- The capacity to develop in-line with the growth of the business.
- Ability to build, develop and lead a great team.
- Strong commercial acumen, able to build close relationships with key customers and understand their business whilst identifying longer term opportunities in new product areas.
- An intellectual curiosity in the technological requirements of the process, able to support the business in defining new manufacturing initiatives and projects.
- An interest in the product and design attributes of the business.
- An ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment with limited support functions, able to make pragmatic, action-oriented decisions.