Our client is a high growth, specialist manufacturer within the personal care category. It has successfully developed a niche proposition within a crowded, highly competitive arena and is primed for future growth both in the UK and internationally.
This business has enjoyed strong levels of growth over the course of the last 10 years, supplying a niche branded product in to the specialist sales channels. It also has a well-developed international proposition, predominantly utilising a distributor model. The leadership team of the business is performing well during this demanding period of growth, applying energy and enthusiasm to the task. Unsurprisingly, the business and its team are familiar with change and continue to embrace this as they enter a new stage in the organisation's development.
- Location: North West
- Salary: Excellent, including an equity opportunity.
The individual will leverage their vast experience to the benefit of the Board, the owners and the business itself as it navigates through this exciting evolution. He or she will lead the Board and act as conduit between the investor and the management team. It is a non-executive appointment but there will be a need for the individual to flex between being a constructive challenger to the leadership team and being at the heart of the team.
The ideal candidate
The successful individual will need to offer deep experience within a blue-chip, Consumer business or businesses. They will have a track record of success, be widely respected for their achievements and be able to comfortably operate as a figurehead in the business but also with the wider stakeholder group. It is critical that they can offer an excellent network within the UK grocery multiples. The following criteria are required:
- Expertise in identifying and prioritising the key growth opportunities both in the short term but also in to the mid and longer term.
- Capability in devising and converting credible, sustainable international opportunities.
- An understanding of brand development.
- A robust senior network with the key UK customer channels, certainly the multiple retailers, but ideally offer one within a wider suite of routes to market.
- Experience in M&A transactions, even if this had previously been led by a specialist function within a larger business.
- Able to offer real change management depth, from a leadership perspective, and able to quickly communicate the pitfalls and opportunities.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.