A unique opportunity to take on a Board level Operations Director role and deliver transformational change activity in a fast paced, chilled food business.
- Salary: Strong base and wider package
- Location: UK, Yorkshire
A fast paced chilled food manufacturing business who have a broad range of premium products and are well regarded for their innovative recipes, premium ingredients and extensive NPD activity. The majority of products are private label and supplied to both retail and foodservice customers, but the company also have a branded product range that has a significant and loyal consumer following. The business is based out of a manufacturing site in Yorkshire and employs c400 people. It’s an autonomous business unit of a mid-sized food manufacturing group, all companies in the group share a strong focus on product innovation, quality and growth.
The company is entering a period of significant and positive change, with the implementation of a strategic project that which will focus on a complete redesign of the existing factory operation in order to improve the level of efficiency and quality within manufacturing and supply chain processes. This is a key role in the UK business and the requirement is to find a high performing candidate who will also be a great fit with the positive and engaging company culture.
- Board level position reporting to Managing Director.
- Lead the Operations team including Production, Engineering, Supply Chain and Purchasing.
- Maintain a high-level view of company status and the surrounding business environment.
- Aim for and maintain the highest standards based on best practice and knowledge to maximise profitability within the scope of safety, service, and quality.
- Define strategy as a member of the Board and drive share-holder value.
- Manage and report budgets and key performance indicators appropriately.
- Lead and encourage continuous improvement.
- Define and oversee management control systems, ensuring that they are used effectively.
- Anticipate threats and take action in order to minimise risks.
- Strategic leadership.
- Drive improvements in operational performance, based on quality, service, safety, and cost.
- Set and review key performance indicators.
- To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 10 + years in a senior level Operational role.
- Prior experience in the food industry is essential.
- Degree qualified.
- Proven people management and leadership experience, good communication skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Coaching, mentoring, and leadership.
- Broad business knowledge and outlook.
- Drive for innovation.
- Commercially aware.
- Customer focused.
- Enforces business compliance and challenges non-performance.
- Self-starting and self sufficient.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced business environment.
- Based in Yorkshire, or able to relocate.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.