An ambitious food company who are recognised as leaders in their category. They are enjoying a sustained period of growth and are now looking to recruit an Operations Director to support them with factory expansion and the introduction of more sophisticated systems and processes.
- Location: Brighton
- Salary: Competative Salary
The Operations Director will be responsible for the end-to-end supply chain and will lead a sizeable role. The key requirements include:
- Develop and communicate the vision for the operations function. Convert this in to a tactical plan with clear accountable deliverables owned by relevant stakeholders.
- As part of the board, lead the successful growth of the business ensuring that short, medium and long term objectives are achieved.
- Build an exceptional team of operational professionals ensuring that the skills, competencies, and behaviours are aligned to the business agenda and support the future growth opportunities.
- Build robust relationships with suppliers, identifying opportunities to reduce costs whilst identifying long-term sustainable, ethical sourcing models.
- Champion the adoption of best practices, including supporting, encouraging and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement and delivering best-in-class levels of performance.
- Ensure the factory delivers the expected levels of performance and identify opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and output through further organisational improvements and capital investment.
- Identify appropriate systems that will streamline ways of working and simplify reporting. Specifically review the labour planning requirements to ensure a more cost effective capability.
- Work with the commercial team to deliver new product development quickly and efficiently whilst continually evaluating the manufacturing capabilities and the requirement to invest in new capital equipment.
- Working with external parties such as a 3PL, develop a highly efficient and environmentally friendly logistics and warehousing provision.
- The Operations Director will have had significant experience within the food manufacturing sector and will have operated at a senior level.
- They will be a strong communicator, a capable leader and a team player.
- They will face numerous challenges but will have the resilience, ingenuity, creativity and capability to adapt to the circumstances and, working with the wider team, will create systems, process and, ultimately, an operational infrastructure that delivers the growth aspirations of the business.