Our client, a multi-award winning privately owned distiller, has created out of the need for a special individual to spearhead their next phase of growth in the On Trade market. They would like to meet individuals that can work with the trade influencers to bring their luxury whisky portfolio into the spotlight and drive growth through profitable sales agreements.
- Base Salary: £50-60,000 plus bonus and benefits
- Location: Home based, ideally easy access to central London
This role is fundamental to the future success of the vision of creating a luxury single malt whisky brand and, as such, will have exposure to all aspects of the business – senior leadership, the Whiskymaker, the distillery team and regular interaction with the relevant sales team where wholesale distribution arrangements are required, specifically within the on trade. The role reports into the Marketing Director due to the strategic importance of ensuring distribution is built in line with brand objectives. A significant proportion of our UK target consumer lives or regularly interacts with London and therefore the key aim of this role is to establish the brand within this key market, though not exclusively. The ultimate objective is the establishment of key distribution points; this will be achieved through a process of relationship building, education and winning the taste test.
- Strategic mapping of the UK market to identify the critical distribution points which are necessary to have a presence in (to engage with our target consumer).
- Establishing, building and managing an ongoing relationship with these distribution points.
- Providing the education and development of key personnel within these accounts to ensure a thorough understanding of our whisky making philosophy and therefore how that makes our malt different to others.
- To devise brand activation events within these prestige whisky focused accounts.
- To work alongside our Whiskymaker, Marketing Director and Communications Manager, as part of a contact strategy which man-marks key whisky influencers in the industry.
- To attend and manage consumer and trade whisky events, being the representative of the whisky portfolio, where necessary alongside the Whiskymaker, or leading the event itself.
Key Requirements of the candidate
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels. Expected to have strong presentation skills.
- Proven ability to establish and manage long last relationships.
- Ability to work in a small and fast paced team.
- Results orientated.
- A creative problem solver.
- Commercially astute with an in-depth working knowledge of the spirits route to market within the UK.
- Previous working knowledge of brand activation to build demand at the point of purchase.
- Strong leadership capability – is highly motivated by a shared belief in taking the lead, rather than following.