Drayton are working as retained recruitment partner to Associated British Foods, a leading group in the Food & Drink sector who are known for innovation, quality, and a commitment to excellence.
With global operations spanning multiple countries, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Procurement Leader to join their central EMEA procurement team.
As a Procurement Leader you will play a pivotal role in shaping and optimising Procurement strategy for the Packaging category, working with their many businesses and procurement teams across UK, Europe and Africa.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage your expertise in procurement to drive innovation and meaningful change within a thriving sector. You will work with a passionate and collaborative team who are dedicated to excellence.
Packaging experience would be desirable, however ABF are open to developing your broader procurement skillset which they consider to be transferable across categories for someone looking to build upon their current knowledge in a regional role.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and business units to develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with ABF corporate goals and objectives.
- Provide expert guidance and counsel on procurement best practices, cost optimization, supplier relationship management, and risk mitigation.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and operational efficiency within procurement.
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute procurement initiatives effectively and achieve cost savings targets.
- Evaluate suppliers and contracts, assisting to establish strong external relationships.
- Monitor market trends and industry developments to inform procurement decisions.
- Foster a culture of excellence, transparency, and continuous improvement within procurement.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Proven experience in procurement leadership roles within a fast paced manufacturing sector.
- Established as a Category Leader, or looking to take the next step up in your procurement career where there is opportunity to grow and develop your procurement capability within a Global Group of FMCG, B2B and retail businesses.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Able to influence a wide number of cross-functional stakeholders spread across a variety of countries and cultures.
- Background of working with a broad spectrum of procurement colleagues at differing levels of capability and seniority.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively across diverse teams and cultures.
- Results-driven mindset with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with international procurement practices and regulations is a plus.
This is a home based role with hybrid working and ABF Group HQ is in central London.