tommee tippee is a leading global brand of baby and infant products and remains one of the most trusted and recognisable baby brands in the world, loved by children and recommended by generations of parents.
The company is entering into a hugely exciting phase of growth, with a major focus on the development of their established business in markets such as USA, France and Australia.
The Innovation team will be at the heart of this growth, developing and delivering strategies that will focus on increasing the strength of the brand and product proposition on a global basis.
It’s a fantastic time to join a company that plays a special part in the lives of both young children and their parents.
tommee tippee pride themselves on creating innovative products that help parents on the rollercoaster ride of parenthood. Their NPD vision is to deliver consumer-based innovation with outstanding design and functionality, that consumers love and fuels future global business growth.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Articulating Insight into a holistic brief to inspire design & engineering teams, building the reason to believe with category teams and securing investment from stakeholders.
- Using big thinking to help unlock the next need, to spot the connections between trends online, new emerging products, unlock insight and connect the dots between consumers lives, technologies, and simple solutions.
- Building briefs for the design and engineering teams, supporting claims development, finding partners and ensuring execution.
- Build the consumer experience journey with category and design teams, develop the reason to believe based on substantiated claims territories.
- Craft the design brief with the design team, including the needs from consumer, brand, supply chain and commercial. Run creative workshops to ideate new opportunities and solutions.
tommee tippee need insightful individuals who can connect their experience in technical disciplines to the holistic needs of new parents throughout the world.
Specific skills will include:
- A background in innovation and be able to demonstrate how you are focused on consumer benefits whilst balancing business needs.
- Experience in FMCG or Consumer Products and a keen understanding of both consumer ethnography and commercial implications.
- An eye for product design, skills in marketing and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You may have a background in marketing, engineering, supply chain or science but must understand how to empathise with consumers above all.
- Understand, empathise and embody the consumer through the development process.
- Creatively challenge assumptions on design, cost, approach, concept and insight.
- Experience in white goods or similar would be particularly interesting, as this knowledge could help lead innovations in electrical products including sterilisers, Perfect Prep, breast pumps and monitors.
tommee tippee have their global head office in Newcastle Upon Tyne and in Autumn 2018 will be moving into a brand-new bespoke office facility.
The North East region provides fantastic lifestyle options with both vibrant cultural cities and areas of outstanding countryside. In 2018 Rough Guide voted Newcastle their ‘Best Place To Visit In The World’, a fantastic accolade for the city and surrounding area.
If this sounds like you, and you'd like to find out more about this incredible opportunity, we would love to hear from you.