Our client is a leading, well-known and respected private equity house that has a track record in investing in high potential, branded businesses primed for growth. Within its impressive investment portfolio is a dynamic and successful, well-established UK business supplying a range of channels. They invested in this business as it is a dominant player within its core space but has also prospered through capitalising on new category opportunities. Its customers are recognisable UK retailers, both within grocery and specialist, but also in areas as diverse as leisure. They are seen within their peer group as highly innovative and ambitious.
- Location: South East
- Salary: Excellent, with an outstanding longer term wealth-creation opportunity.
The role - key purpose
The CEO will lead the Board, with headline responsibilities likely to include:
- Develop the business vision, strategy, and plan to drive the necessary growth and P&L improvements.
- Manage all aspects of the operational performance of the business, ensuring the factories can grow with the demands of the customer and can deliver at the forefront of innovation.
- Lead the growth of the business via a robust and meaningful commercial strategy.
- Ensure strong financial controls and planning processes are in place.
- Motivate and develop a capable and engaged team to deliver the current and future needs of the business.
- Ensuring that the highly entrepreneurial business culture remains at its core even as the business grows and evolves.
- Ensure the business is capable of delivering the very highest quality standards, continues to innovate way ahead of its competitors, and is seen as the clear aspirational choice of customers.
- Being a highly visible figurehead for the business, both internally but equally within the corridors of the investor.
The individual - ideal candidate
The CEO will ultimately have a broad impact on the business. This individual will play an integral part as it continues its growth trajectory. The individual will need to be, or offer:
- An experienced CEO or MD from a branded, Consumer-sector manufacturing business.
- Outstanding emotional intelligence, minimal ego and a grounded personality. High energy and be comfortable operating as the clear figurehead for the business.
- Excited by the prospect of being in a customer-centric, entrepreneurial business and be able to form an open partnership with a successful management team.
- Deep exposure in a reasonably complex manufacturing environment and therefore experienced in defining operational strategy.
- Sharp intellect and well developed analytical and critical reasoning skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels.
- A passion for innovation.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.