This business is continuing a highly successful growth period that has seen unprecedented levels of revenue growth driven through an intense focus on customer service, amazing NPD and the move into new channels and categories.
The Purchasing Director will be a pivotal role with broad accountabilities and the ability to directly influence the commercial success of the business.
- Location - Flexible across the UK
- Salary - Strong six-figure package, to attract the best.
- Developing a highly effective procurement function with clearly aligned objectives and tactics to deliver bottom line, and where relevant, top line returns.
- Managing, coaching and leading the buyers to ensure they have clearly identified targets and appropriate levels of support and review to deliver against these.
- Establishing a review cycle to ensure that all major areas of spend are regularly analysed and optimised.
- Identifying the appropriate systems and infrastructure to manage procurement most effectively.
- Building close working relationships across the supply and commercial teams to ensure a unified approach with overall business growth and profitability at the heart of decisions.
- Supporting the procurement process for new contracts across the business, building preferred supplier arrangements where appropriate.
- Bringing best procurement practice to support key negotiations and develop the capabilities of the team.
- Leading, supporting and managing the tendering process for large strategic purchases.
- Working collaboratively with Finance and other teams where procurement expertise could bring a positive impact.
- Supporting wider business initiatives and contributing to group strategy.
- A purchasing professional with experience gained with an equivalent food manufacturing group. The individual is likely to offer personal buying in key food categories such as protein, vegetables and packaging.
- Substantial experience in delivering robust cost savings across a broad range of raw materials, packaging and utilities.
- Expertise in shaping and creating highly effective procurement teams.
- Tenacity to exceed customer expectations and a determination to challenge the status-quo.
- High levels of energy, passion, pace, tenacity, and a drive for results.
- Sharp intellect and well developed analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching, development and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.