Drayton are delighted to be working on behalf of an award-winning, founder led, international alcoholic drinks company. Having built a solid foundation over 10 years in mainland Europe, securing significant investment partners along the way, they are poised to further expand their presence in the UK. With the trend towards long, refreshing and authentic alcoholic drinks, their product range is perfect for meeting the growing consumer need.
- Location: Home based
- Remuneration: On Application
The Sales Director will have responsibility for the full and complete leadership of customer development in the United Kingdom, a key international growth market for our client. In conjunction with the Founder, the individual will lead the shaping and ultimate enactment of the commercial plan in the UK. The purpose of this role is to drive the distribution, rate of sale and profitability of products across all sales channels, with a specific focus on the key Off Trade Multiple Grocers. This will involve breaking new ground, something the business has secured additional investment for recently.
We are seeking an individual with excellent FMCG sales experience, someone who has already built a track record with the top 4 grocers. The individual needs to thrive as a figurehead and bring challenge, rigour, and pace to the business. The right character will be an individual that embodies the beliefs of our client;
- Breaking down barriers within their category to make their products accessible so everyone can enjoy them.
- Producing a product that is best in class for quality and taste which everyone can be proud and passionate about.
- Having a team full of bright and energetic people who love fresh ideas and want to change the world in their own small way.
- Think smart but keep it simple.
- Never lose site of the fact that life is all about having great times.
The role will report into the founder and will lead a small but growing Commercial team. The ideal background for this role is someone who has beer, wine or spirits experience, focused on the grocers (ideally with an understanding of other RTM's & working through distributors where required). Personal development in this role will come from delivering a stand-out brand growth plan and building a market leading team/business in an SME.
Skills & Experience requirements include:
- 8+ years within FMCG Sales, with specific knowledge of BWS
- Degree in Business Studies or relevant discipline
- Experience of leading FMCG sales teams
- Key grocery retailer network and relationships
- Strategic leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of the fast moving consumer good sector
- Expert level planning and budgetary