This role will offer the right person the opportunity to join an innovative, world first brand as it expands and grows at a pace. Working in a 'tag team' partnership with the founder, you will have the opportunity to shape and input into how the team grows and develops in the medium to long term. This is home based role with office facilities in central London, a hub for building a one team approach.
- Location: Field based but must be within daily reach of central London
- Renumeration: c£50-£55,000 plus bonus and benefits
The role of the Sales Manager will be the lead in driving new distribution of the range across On Trade key accounts, pub groups (Regional & National) and selected wholesalers in accordance with the brand’s sales strategy. You will also be responsible for ongoing management of existing accounts.
This appointment requires an experienced On Trade salesperson with the confidence and know-how to handle senior level new business pitches and negotiations, but also with the enthusiasm and attitude to have the hands-on approach required to drive the success of this start up.
The business has enjoyed rapid success, with multiple national listings in key retailers, but what’s exciting is everyday is a new opportunity to seek out new customer partnerships.
At this stage, the vast majority of your focus will be on generating new business leads and managing the business pipeline so we need someone results orientated. Set up and oversee new route to market plans as dictated by the new account base Involvement with trade events from tasting with prospects to managing follow ups.
Beacuse of quality of support provided to retailers and route to market customers to date (sales team training, joint initiatives, trade marketing), relationships have developed to the benefit of both parties. Actions: Manage and develop existing business by developing active customer plans which provide marketing and promotional support, training and other relevant initiatives which will ensure retention of the listing and lead to volume growth through increased feature and presence.
Sales administration and planning;
We are looking for someone who want the opportunity to make calls on investment for growth but understands the need for accuracy in forecasting and measurement. Actions:
Regular volume forecasting against new and existing business. Reporting against activities and progress against distribution and volume KPIs. Develop annual on trade channel plan in tandem with the brand plan. Responsibility for on trade A&P budget.
This opportunity is more than just selling a product, it's about having a passion and love for the brand that you want others to connect with too. Actions: Support consumer and trade events on an ad hoc basis. Maintain relationships with brand partners to develop joint approach and activation plans for new and existing customers.
Higher education qualifications or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar sales role in the drinks industry
- Proven track record in business development, sales and client relationship management within retail/FMCG environment
- Expert understanding of targeting and opportunity management, with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Strong knowledge of relationship/sales methodology and proven experience in driving opportunities through to revenue
- Experience selling to UK Pub Co’s such as City Pub Co, Greene King and Fullers with provable results in achieving new listings in these estates.
- In-depth drinks industry expertise and knowledge of trends
- Understanding of margin management
- Proven experience of sales planning and forecasting.
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivator with a pro-active attitude
- Strong communication and organisational skills