- Location Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- Salary Highly competitive salary, plus strong benefits package
- Job Discipline Brand & Product, Category Management, Marketing (General), Trade
- Experience Level Manager
- Sectors Consumer Electronics & Durables, FMCG, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
- Contract Type Permanent
- Hours Full Time
Since the original tommee tippee spill-proof child cup was first launched over 50 years ago, the brand has become renowned for its intuitive products which help children make the transition from first latch to independent feeding.
tommee tippee is now the No. 1 brand of baby feeding accessories in the UK and remains one of the most trusted and recognisable baby brands in the world, loved by babies and recommended by generations of parents.
The brand is entering into a hugely exciting phase of global growth and development, with new owners in place who have ambitious plans to at least double the size of the business over the next 3-5 years through a mix of organic growth and acquisitions.
The Marketing team will be at the heart of this growth, developing and delivering strategies that will focus on increasing the strength of the brand and product proposition on a global basis.
The business has a positive and engaging culture, where people are given the freedom to work with high levels of accountability and autonomy. Many of the leadership team have previously spent time in large FMCG corporates, but are now relishing the opportunity of playing a significant role in the development of a high growth organisation.
It’s a fantastic time to join a company that plays a special part in the lives of both young children and their parents.
As Senior Global Category Manager you will play an integral part in the future growth of the company.
This is a highly commercial Marketing position, where you will take ownership for determining the global strategic direction and commercial agenda for key product categories.
The main focus of the role will be to develop a compelling rolling 3 year category strategy for tommee tippee products, based on analysis of global insights, purchasing / trend data and fact-based product and consumer information.
This is a position which offers significant breadth and exposure to the full marketing mix, including:
- Create and own the Global Category strategy and commercial P&L.
- Commercially accountable (globally and by region), will develop, review and deliver the commercial plan.
- Track the Global competitive landscape and identify opportunities for category growth.
- Understand consumer and competitor insights of the key markets & barriers to purchase.
- Accountable for key brand health metrics: awareness, consideration, self-reported purchase, recommendation.
- Evaluate the impact of brand build activities across regions, in order to determine whether to upweight, share, optimise or course correct key initiatives.
- Contribute to 3 year strategic plan of NPD development. Develop mandate & scoping documents for Global NPD and Innovation projects.
- Support the NPD team in developing business cases which are compelling from a category, consumer & commercial perspective.
- Implement and maintain regular Global meetings with regional Commercial teams to update/align on category performance and share best practice.
You will have at least 5-10 years’ senior level Marketing experience in the FMCG or Consumer Products sector and proven experience of delivering incremental category growth and profitability strategies.
Educated to Degree level, you will be a self-starter by nature with a positive, resilient ‘can do’ attitude.
Your skill-set will include in-depth knowledge and experience of category marketing, analysis of consumer insights, market purchasing & trend data and fact-based data projections to inform category product investment decisions.
You will be highly effective at stakeholder management/collaboration – a team player with an innate ability to draw out the best from culturally different global personnel.
It’s essential that you can demonstrate a genuine passion for brands and the positive impact they can make on the lives of consumers.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to play a key leadership role in this rapidly evolving global success story, then we’d love to hear from you.