Drayton is delighted to be the retained partner for an award-winning premium spirits company on the appointment of new Senior National Account Manager (Off Trade, Top 4 Grocery Retail). The opportunity will appeal to any sales candidates looking for greater strategic responsibilities and deeper commercial learning opportunities within the drinks industry.
- Salary: c£60-65,000 plus bonus and benefits
- Location: Home Based
Our client is one of the UK's leading independent drinks businesses, owner of an impressive portfolio of branded products. The company is recognised as a one of the most exciting prospects within the drink’s category in terms of distilling heritage, quality, innovation and marketing.
With over 90% of the company focused on servicing the Grocery retail market, significantly more that the On Trade sector, our clients have enjoyed their busiest period in their trading history over the past 12 months and delivered exceptional growth. This is a great platform upon which to further develop their brands and now is an exciting time to join the team.
The Senior National Account Manager (Off Premise) role requires candidates eager to lead the hands-on management and growth of a portfolio of retail accounts across within the Spirit’s Category (both classic and RTD’s). Developing sales of existing brands and retailer own-brand opportunities and deliver a significant NPD pipeline.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Professional management of a portfolio of customer accounts to meet and exceed budgeted volume and value sales.
- Representing the Group’s portfolio of products across the Spirits Category.
- Formulate account strategies and plans to secure Company targets.
- To develop joint business plans with efficient and effective investment to support growth. Drive negotiations for new listings, price, promotions, distribution.
- Development of exceptional multi-level customer relationships across all departments. Be the account expert within team.
- To proactively seek out new business opportunities and growth across branded and private label product development.
- To interrogate ongoing weekly and monthly performance, deliver clear insight and action to influence forward performance.
- To ensure accurate internal communication to supply team re promotions/ changes to distribution and keep up to date customer files.
- Cross functional working with other UK and International departments. Develop an excellent product knowledge, but importantly also be comfortable with broader BWS trends both on and off trade.
Background & Skills
- Minimum of 5 years national account/multiple grocers sales experience.
- Broad exposure and understanding of the role of Category, and comfortable with the world of logistics.
- Branded experience is essential, however exposure to own-brand is advantageous.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious self-starter who can set their own targets and efficiently organise work schedule.
- Proven track-record of meeting targets and objectives within existing accounts and developing new business.
- Strong financial/commercial understanding together with intellect and curiosity to interpret performance and recommend action.
- Ability to build and sustain excellent relationships at all levels (internal and external).
- Comfortable managing large accounts with ability to develop strong and robust commercial relationships.
- Enthusiasm to chase new business and foresight to see opportunities others miss.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.