We’re recruiting on behalf of a leading UK manufacturer of branded and own-label food, who are mid-sized and going through an exciting period of positive change. The business is well established and the brands they manufacture are instantly recognisable to UK consumers.
We’re seeking an exceptional Senior National Account Manager to lead all commercial activity with the largest grocery retailer in the customer portfolio and also manage a small team.
- The role is office based in West Yorkshire, with a degree of flexibility for home working.
- Salary is £65,000 plus benefits.
A multi-site operation and key supplier to the UK grocery channel but also with a spread of customers across the discounters, food service, wholesale and B2B.
Under the leadership of a newly appointed CEO, the company is embarking on a critical period of positive change. The business will become significantly more customer centric and focus on building collaborative category led commercial relationships with all customers.
In order to deliver this strategy, the business are seeking to attract people with a proven track record of success in FMCG national account management, who also have the positive attitude and enthusiasm that will ensure they play a key part in taking the organisation forward in the new direction being mapped out by the Executive team.
The Senior National Account Manager will lead the creation, development and implementation of the commercial strategy with the largest “Top 4” account in the company portfolio.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, deliver and own a long term commercial strategy, based on both retailer and company objectives
- Line management of a NAM and NAE
- Delivery of budget and financial objectives within areas of responsibility
- Ownership of forecast within areas of responsibility – internally & externally
- Work with the NAM and NAE to manage the promotion and activation plan and their associated spend with the customer, both in planning & evaluation
- Development & continuation of excellent trading relationships with the customer
- Focus on building an excellent knowledge of market trends, key competitor and category dynamics in order to develop and deliver aligned category plans for the customer
You will have a proven track record of success in FMCG as a SNAM / NAM, working with major multiple retailers.
With a strong commercial skillset and a category led approach you will have delivered long-term strategic plans that have driven commercial growth within your accounts. Your approach will be based on developing collaborative relationships and working in partnership with your customers.
Key personality traits must include:
- Energy, able to work at pace and with a vibrant style
- Accountable, results driven, high commercial, able to work with autonomy
- Passion for the business, living and breathing the key elements of: customer, shopper, consumer
- Broad commercial outlook, able to build long term strategic partnerships with retailers
- A drive to succeed, a positive outlook, progressive in approach
- Excited about working in a rapidly changing environment, want to be part of the journey
- Able to grow with the business, enthused about building a long-term career
- Other recent recruits made by the company have begun to set the direction the organisation is now heading in - bringing on board top talent who are motivated to join the company and deliver the cultural and commercial changes required to ensure long-term commercial success.
If you have a relevant background and are looking to make a significant impact in a business that is undergoing a hugely exciting phase in their history, then we’d love to hear from you.