Our client is diversifying their product offering and is seeking to appoint an experienced footwear developer to execute this and source new suppliers overseas.
- Location: North West England
- Salary: Strong salary & package on offer
- Manage the development of proto-types, samples and fit trials determined by the product development process in the given area.
- Source new suppliers who can manufacture new constructions and work to lower initial minimums.
- Responsible for all materials in the risk analysis to be tested and approved for bulk production to the product development process.
- Work in conjunction with Fitting on new lasts and moulds developments to the given time frame.
- Responsible for the procurement of confirmation samples once the style has been finalised in the development process, before releasing to bulk production.
- Support the Product team by analysing designs for manufacturability, production and material properties, offering economic and efficient solutions to achieve costs targets.
- Responsible for the control of technical information for the footwear development process.
- Ensuring all materials are tested and comply with the company`s quality standards on products in your area.
- Responsible for the proto-type costing and maintain the data tracking sheets process for the gate meeting deadlines.
- Work in conjunction with Sourcing and Supply Chain Manager to develop new materials and colours for each season to required standards for production.
- Available to travel independently at short notice.
- Technically competent shoemaker with extensive knowledge of constructions methods of footwear manufacturing.
- Technically competent in product engineering and different CAD operating systems for pattern grading.
- Experience in leathers and other materials.
- Experience in costing products with cost break down sheets.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and vendors/suppliers.
- Organised, self-motivated and solution-oriented individual.
- Setting tasks to seasonal calendar and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Positive attitude to problem solving.