Drayton are working in partnership with a dynamic and entrepreneurial UK food manufacturer to secure a Site Director, or Factory General Manager, for their key manufacturing site. The business produces a range of exciting ambient foods for a broad cross section of channels. Customers include the UK grocers through to the premium food retailers, but also cover the convenience, wholesale and foodservice arenas. Their proposition is both branded and own-label.
This site is key within their Group and is experiencing outstanding levels of growth. It is uniquely placed to offer its customers both cost-effective, higher volume solutions but also more niche, ground-breaking innovation. The business unit is well-invested, employs approximately 100 people and is well-respected in its region.
The role reports in to the Group COO and the individual would become a key member of their senior leadership team.
- Location: North
- Salary: Target salary for the role is £100k plus a benefits package.
- Employment Type: Full Time
Build a robust and effective team that will ensure the site is able to embrace the increased volumes, delivering consistent, high quality and safe products.
- Bring clarity to each team member in terms of their responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Ensure the basic operational standards are met each and every day.
- Strengthen the operational infrastructure, creating solid foundations for the anticipated volume increases.
- Be the figurehead for the business, both internally but also externally, particularly customers.
- Drive the people agenda within the site, creating strong, proactive development plans at all levels.
- Assess the most cost-effective strategic solutions to the anticipated capacity constraints, making clear recommendations to the Board.
- Relevant candidates will currently be working in the UK food industry, leading a known and respected manufacturing business.
- They must have a consistent track record of establishing operational best practice that will ensure future growth is absorbed efficiently in to the site.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Track record of success in operational leadership roles in UK food.
- Managing a multi-level, multi-discipline, high performing team.
- Development and implementation of long term strategies.
- High level of numeracy and commercial acumen.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Team orientated.
- Agility to transition between high-level strategy, and day-to-day execution.
- Resilience, perseverance, and determination.
- Engaging, articulate, and collaborative.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, and balanced risk-taker.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.