This retailer is a fast paced, highly innovative convenience retailer with a store portfolio that is truly UK-wide. The business has a workforce of over 15,000 people, providing outstanding levels of customer service. Our client is transitioning from a regional model to one that is significantly more centralised but without losing the entrepreneurial autonomy found in its shops. It operates from a network that is both 'owned' and 'franchised'.
- Location: North
- Salary: £excellent base, including an outstanding broader package.
Key responsibilities include:
- Achievement of operational supply chain budget in line with agreed KPIs.
- Total responsibility for the delivery of finished product and ingredients to the store network as agreed in the annual business plan.
- Develop supply chain vision, strategy, and plan to drive the necessary improvements in operational performance via the annual budget process and overall business strategic plans.
- Drive improvements in Health, Safety and Environment across manufacturing and distribution sites ensuring policies and processes are effectively implemented.
- Take the lead in ensuring the business has the right manufacturing organisation and capability.
- Build and develop strong operational teams and foster robust personal development plans using the internal people planning process. Ensure that appropriate succession plans are in place.
- Control and prepare the operational costs budgets for all supply chain sites.
- Lead the continuous improvement agenda for the business.
- Develop and implement appropriate capital and revenue plans.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, support, development and troubleshooting to the supply chain teams.
- Continually seek cost reduction opportunities through the supply chain process.
- Ensure there are appropriate mechanisms in place to share best practice across the sites.
The individual - ideal candidate
This is a business-critical appointment in a period of exciting transformational change. It would be advantageous if the individual offered both the calibre and ambition to join a shortlist of potential CEO successors over the medium to longer term.
- A natural figurehead who is respected for their supply chain competence and who can engage with a large number of people, converting the complex business strategy in to tangible targets and measures.
- A background in leading a complex supply chain function within a fast moving, food retailer.
- A strong background in food retailing, minimum 10 years. It is highly desirable that the individual has experience in the manufacturing arena.
- The ability to develop highly effective cross-functional relationships. It is essential that they demonstrate that they have successfully challenged existing operating models, with the objective of improving customer experience or the cost model.
- The ability to grow with the business and take-on additional responsibility and projects.
- Excellent leadership, people management, influencing and communication skills.
- Closely aligned to, and great culture fit with, the company values.
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.