This business employs over 100,000 people across every corner of the UK. Our client's supply function is one of the most efficient and modern in Europe. The business has the ambition to take it to ‘world-class’ standard. Its brand is over 100 years old but the business is as excited by the future as they are proud of the heritage.
- Location: Midlands
- Salary: £excellent base, including a strong broader package.
Key headline responsibilities include:
- Sales analysis
- Order placement
- Demand planning and replenishment
- Value chain engineering
- Business process improvement
The individual - ideal candidate
This is a key appointment and the individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence and work outside of their function, contributing to the wider business agenda. Succession is also a key factor in the recruitment project and the individual should demonstrate the potential to transition to main Board.
- The individual will have a background in leading a supply chain function within a fast moving retail or manufacturing arena. If the individual does not come from a retail background it would be highly advantageous to have experience from the Consumer Goods industry.
- The successful candidate will have deep experience within the function, minimum 10 years. They will be able to demonstrate having personally led major efficiency/change projects.
- Experience in delivering up-stream value benefit in a retail context would be very attractive.
- The successful candidate will need to prove they can design and build a Supply function that can adapt to future business needs and absorb change – alongside maintaining excellent operational performance and a number of key strategic development initiatives.
- They must be able to demonstrate real vision in inspiring the function to become ‘best-in-class’.
- A proactive approach to risk management is also key.
- They will have the ability to develop highly effective cross-functional relationships. It is essential that they demonstrate that they have successfully challenged existing operating models, with the objective of improving customer experience or the cost model.
- Possess excellent leadership, people management, influencing and communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Logistics, Manufacturing or a related discipline would be advantageous(such as CIPS).
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, we would be delighted to discuss this opportunity further.