A fantastic opportunity to move into a Board role supporting many areas of strategic development in a dynamic, branded, food business.
Target salary: £120-150,000 plus package.
A market leading branded food business that has been experiencing a sustained period of impressive sales growth. They have a strong presence in the UK market and, more recently, have been successfully developing a significant global proposition.
This is a key leadership role at the heart of the business and the requirement is to find a high performing candidate who will also be a great fit with the positive and engaging company culture.
This is a Board appointment, reporting to the CEO with a broad agenda of responsibilities including:
- Technology Development
- Process Development
- Manufacturing Capability
- Technical Competence
- Food Safety
- Packaging Development
The relevant candidate will be a highly strategic, broad minded individual with the ability to take on complex, at times cutting edge, challenges and bring scientific and well thought through solutions.
The traditional elements of a Technical role, such as Quality and Food Safety, are secondary in this instance. The primary consideration is the ability for someone to foresee the longer term needs and capabilities of the business and create effective team structures, team competence and business processes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 10 + years in a senior level Technical/Technology/Scientific role
- Prior experience in the food industry is essential
- Degree qualified in a Science subject, ideally with MSc or PhD
- Proven people management and leadership experience, good communication skills
- Relentless drive for innovation and process development
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, global business environment
- A passion for science and the impact it can make in a manufacturing environment
- Strong networker, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Based in Yorkshire, or able to relocate to the Yorkshire region
- Target salary is £120-150,000 plus benefits package
If you have the skills and experience and are looking for a new challenge, then we would be delighted to see your CV.