As part of the senior leadership team, the Technical Manager will be responsible for leading a team to ensure the food safety and quality standards are upheld to the highest standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leadership, coaching and direct management of the existing, sizeable technical team.
- Ensuring that all product meets the standards of both the business and their Customers/Consumers from both a safety and quality perspective.
- Ownership and delivery of the site's current and future technical strategy.
- Involvement in the operational continuous improvement strategy and ensuring the team are able to identify medium and long term action plans.
- Representing the technical stakeholder group among the senior leadership team, ensuring that key milestones are communicated effectively and understood.
- Supporting the commercial and innovation teams with technical advice and expertise to ensure the swift and successful rollout of NPD.
- A passionate, intelligent technical / quality professional looking to enhance their career by taking responsibility for the site's food standards obligations. Strength of character to ensure the business's, and their own, principles are adhered to but with the pragmatism to understand where it is appropriate for production to continue. Extensive food experience is a pre-requisite.