The primary purpose of this new role is to lead the activation of customer focused marketing activities, with the aim of making our client more visible at the point of purchase and influencing consumers where purchasing decisions are made. Due to the current nature of the business and the immediate opportunity, the role will cover hospitality channels while also working closely with our distributor partners.
- Location - North East, UK
- Salary - Competitive
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the sales team to develop and execute channel activation plans.
- Leading the development of brand activation/point of sale assets from procurement to delivery.
- Managing the POS budget, evaluating spend to ensure maximum ROI.
- Supporting the creation of selling materials and customer presentations to build support for core initiatives and the launch of new products.
- Utilising periodic forums to ensure clear communication of plans to key stakeholders and the sales team.
- Equip the sales team with critical information (product factsheets, samples, waste packaging data etc.).
Our client is seeking an individual with strong leadership credentials, someone who can set the agenda and bring rigour and pace to the team. It is essential that the individual has high energy, a positive outlook and the capability to work autonomously.
- Good understanding of customers and retailers across all channels.
- An understanding of internal operational procedures.
- Experience of working with cross functional teams.
- Practical experience of effectively managing agencies and third-party stakeholders.
- An understanding of brand activation to build demand at the point of purchase.
- Good influencer and strong communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to influence internally and externally.
- Ability to work across functions and manage agencies.
- Good commercial understanding and experience of a breadth of trade channels.