Our client is large and successful food manufacturer. It offers an intriguing route-to-market complexity, successfully supplying the region’s leading retailers, food manufacturers and food service operators. It was a wonderful portfolio of brands that sit alongside it's industrial operation.
The organisation is incredibly values-led and can offer the highest calibre people the opportunity to truly accelerate their development and exposure.
- Location: South East of England ideally but can be flexible.
- Salary: Excellent base salary. Attractive annual bonus and longer term reward.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
Reporting to the President and part of the EMEA leadership team, the VP Quality has overall responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the EMEA Quality Assurance strategy. The role encompasses Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory.
You will lead a team of almost 150 across 6 EMEA locations.
- As a member of the EMEA leadership team, partners with the business and influences business strategy development and execution.
- As a key member of the Global team influences and provides guidance in setting world-wide functional strategy.
- Develops, implements, and manages quality management principles and tools which guide the organisation and promote continuous improvement.
- Leads all plant and HQ Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Vendor Assurance, organisational structure and staffing.
- Networks and builds relationships with Customers, industry peers and regulatory agencies, working as a senior liaison or company representative in regard to quality and food safety matters.
- Accountable for budgeting and goal setting for the EMEA Quality Assurance function to deliver functional and business unit results.
- Develops and coaches to ensure that appropriate skills and competencies are embedded within the team and provide sufficient talent management for future succession plans.
Our client is seeking an outstanding leader for their Quality function in EMEA. Of course, being a subject matter expert is a essential, but equally important is your approach. You will need to be a genuine leader, and have been recognised throughout your career as such. This is a Exec-level role and you will need to thrive in this environment.
- Strategic thinker with ability to solve complex business problems with incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Evidence of very strong leadership and management skills. Able to lead, motivate, influence, mentor and coach.
- Results orientated, ‘winner’ mentality. High level of personal drive and commitment.
- Moves ideas forward into action. Takes appropriate personal risks when necessary to drive new or current initiatives.
- Ability to make tough, timely decisions and trade-offs when necessary, despite opposition or uncertainty.
- Professionally mature, strong communication and listening skills, able to engage at all levels.
- Stays current and leverages technical/functional innovations, industry trends, and knowledge to benefit the business.
- Hands-on approach, willing and able to balance strategic versus operational priorities, as appropriate.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work effectively within an international, matrix environment.
- Takes appropriate action in response to unethical behaviour by suppliers, customers, or co-workers.
- Flexibility to undertake frequent travel (minimum c25%).
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 10 years Food industry experience.
- International experience is a pre-requisite - leadership in a multi-country role/remit and/or undertaken international assignment in a multi-cultural, matrixed business.
- True and demonstrable business/financial acumen.
- A proven track record of organisation and talent development.
- Experience of leading complex change projects and programmes.
- Experience in acquisition integration, identifying and driving synergies, and leading across different company cultures is strongly desirable.
- Be an active and vocal player in trade associations.
- BSc degree in science discipline (Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology preferred) or other related fields.
- Relevant professional Quality Management experience with supervisory responsibility would be beneficial.
- Cross functional and/or cross divisional leadership experience preferred.